We are Certified Hypnobabies® Instructor offering complete childbirth education classes in a group setting. Class space is limited to five couples so please contact us as soon as possible if you're interested in learning more. Class fees are $350, which includes a $75 deposit to hold your space in the class. The remaining $275 is due prior to or at the beginning of the first class. For students who also choose hire Kristen or Racehl as their doula we offer a $25 discount on doula services as a thank you for making our job and your birthing time easier :) If interested please call me at 423-505-2657 so that we can determine if Hypnobabies is right for you.
Future class series are scheduled for:
- June 16 - July 21(Sundays 2-5:30pm, taught by Kristen Miller)
- August 8 - September 12 (Thursday evenings 6-9:30 pm, taught by Rachel Jimenez)
- September 27 - October 27 (Sundays 2-5:30pm, taught by Kristen Miller)
- November 7 - December 19 (Thursday evenings, no class Thanksgiving week, taught by Rachel Jimenez)
We also offer The Homestudy Advantage for couples using the home study course, a birth rehearsal and one-on-one assistance to better understand how to apply your Hypnobabies tools. Private classes are also available.
Hypnobabies is a 6 week *complete childbirth education course* using Gerald Kein's Painless Childbirth techniques instead of simple relaxation, breathing or guided imagery. We use our Hypnobabies Workbook, CDs and hypnosis scripts to train the inner mind that contractions in labor will be felt only as pressure, pushing, pulling, and baby movement sensations. Hypnobabies uses the same kind of hypnosis techniques that people employ when preparing for surgery without any medication, which is called hypno-anesthesia. Our classes also teach the Hypnobabies Birth Partners how to fully support our Hypno-moms, although Hypnobabies can also be used very successfully by single mothers. Although not every woman will have a completely pain-free unmedicated birthing experience, all of them will have a much easier and more comfortable birth by using Hypnobabies, which is a great gift for our Hypno-Moms, their Birth Partners and their Hypno-babies.
Why choose a natural, easier birth using Hypnobabies? The benefits are many:
● Most of our moms use fewer drugs or no drugs, which means less risk of side effects for you and your baby, due to elimination of the Fear/Tension/Pain Syndrome, and using post-hypnotic suggestions.
● Most Hypno-mothers have shorter labors since there is less resistance of the birthing muscles when pain and fear are minimized or eliminated.
● Hypno-Moms generally have much more energy throughout first and second stage, due to your total relaxation throughout the birthing process.
● The birthing environment is much more calm and peaceful when you, the natural childbirth mother are comfortable, relaxed and confident.
● Breech and posterior babies can be turned using hypnosis.
● Blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature can be lowered and nausea, back and hip pain eliminated with hypnosis during pregnancy and labor.
● There are fewer interventions for failure to progress and therefore fewer complications during labor for our mothers and babies.
● The deep relaxation in Hypnobabies sessions has also helped many a nervous birth partner to enjoy their partner's pregnancy and childbirth, and the skills that the Hypno-couple learns for relaxation and hypnosis will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
● As a Hypno-Mom, you are easily "deprogrammed" from the usual negativity of childbirth stories and scenarios you may have heard or read, by way of training in Hypnobabies classes and audio CDs which have positive messages and hypnotic suggestions. This automatically allows you to have a much more positive attitude and confidence in birthing. It is truly a gift that you are giving yourself, an amazingly easy way to enjoy your pregnancy more and actually look forward to your baby's birth!
The Hypnobabies Course Materials you will receive in class are:
- Your Hypnobabies workbook
- 7 CDs for the Hypno-mom
- 1 CD for the Birth Partner
- The Hypnobabies Quick Reference Guide for Labor
- The Birth Partner's Guide
- 5 Hypnobabies scripts on paper
- 16 Handouts
- A Perineal Massage Booklet
- 2 Brochures
- A New Mom and Baby Care Booklet with online subscription to video, PDF and other resources from Injoy Birth and Parenting
- Hypnobabies Tote Bag for your class material
Hypnobabies is a complete childbirth education class, meaning that not only does it teach you tools and techniques for an easier, more comfortable childbirth, but it also provides information on having a healthy pregnancy through nutrition and exercise, thorough coverage of your birth options, optimal fetal positioning, postpartum and newborn care, and more!
You can find out much more about the Hypnobabies program, self-hypnosis, hypnosis and Christianity, as well as find birth stories and videos from women who have used Hypnobabies during the births of their babies at http://hypnobabies.com/
If the home study option sounds right for you, it can be purchased on Amazon.com or at Hypnobabies.com